We are approaching the 4th July landmark that heralds the next phase of taking England out of lock down. We are assured that driving schools are included in this phase and have received confirmation in parliament.
We do not take this lightly. We have furloughed for three months on the understanding that this disease could be beaten and our friends, family and customers would be at less risk if we adhered to the regulations. This next step MUST be a cautious one and every person must play their part in preventing the resurgence of the pandemic. We thank you for booking with us and hope you will abide by the safety measures listed below.
- Do not book if you or anyone in your household or workplace is suffering from COVID 19.
- Cancel your next session immediately if you suspect you or your contacts are suffering from Covid 19. There will be NO CHARGES for late cancellations under these circumstances.
- Please ensure your nose and mouth are covered for the duration of the appointment. We have a limited supply of masks which we will offer freely, but we would appreciate your efforts to cover yourself appropriately. If you cannot wear a covering over your mouth and nose, we cannot take you at this stage.
- Be clean. Wash your hands before joining us at the car. We will then dispense a shot of NHS standard hand gel for your use before you touch the car.
- Bring a towel, sheet or pillowcase for you to cover the driver’s seat and for YOU to sit on. Please take it with you afterwards
- Gloves are optional, but must be clean and must not slip or slide on the steering wheel.
- I will be cleaning the car between lessons and this may mean that your lesson will not last for the full 60 minutes / 90 minutes or 120 minutes. We have amended our block booking rates, but there is no price increase overall and we hope you accept that for July, probably August and possibly September, we will be rigorous in these safety measures, rather than generous with our time.
- We will not insist on two-hour lessons, as previously stated, but in the circumstances, it will be more cost effective for YOU, our clients, to have one clean up period per 2 hours rather than one each hour.
We will relax all of the above in a gradual way, providing the pandemic is equally relaxed and the threat is reduced. We will also cancel immediately if we feel the situation requires it. Thank you for your support and cooperation. In the last three months, my colleagues in this industry have been reminded that we are not essential. However, every ambulance, every van and truck and every commute or shopping trip has required a driver. My non-essential job has helped make some of those essential key workers become drivers and I sincerely hope that we can do that for you.
Yours Sincerely – Alan Marsden – Proprietor – JDM Driving School